Author: Natasha Golec, Social Media & Marketing
Why SEO is important for your website
DID YOU KNOW…
- There are over 4,000,000,000 (4 billion) Google searches EVERY DAY.
- And 53% of those 4 billion people click on the first organic search position in Google.
With billions of searches, you have billions of opportunities to appear in Google’s search results. Sounds impressive right? Well, it’s not all that easy. The competitive market of today means there are many businesses out there who offer a similar service to you. This means your website can get lost within search results, which may give your competitors the upper hand of standing out, which is what you want to avoid. This can happen if your website is not SEO friendly!
This is where we say hello to SEO, which stands for Search Engine Optimisation. In simple terms, SEO helps to get your website on the #1 spot on search engines, like Google, which in turn leads to more clicks on your website.
SEO helps to improve your business. It can grow your company’s visibility on search results, improve the ranking of your website, increase traffic and create an awareness in search engines. Being placed on Google’s #1 spot can drive more engagement to your site, and an increase in visitors to your website means more business for you.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Your website will have two sitemaps: one for the customers and one for search engine robots. To get the best use of SEO, your website should contain information that’s relevant to your visitors and search engine robots. The content you place on your website has to be coherent for both the user and search engine robots to understand. People want a trustworthy website; they want to see regular and relevant information that’s engaging, and they also want a creative and modern web-design with easy navigation. Search engine robots will scan your website code so they can rank your sites in search engines. The robots want to see unique content with relevant keywords; descriptive titles and headers; a clear site architecture; trustworthy outside source links and quick loading times.
If you follow these rules, SEO will be able to fully optimize your website and place it in higher rankings.
TIPS TO GET YOUR WEBSITE SEO-FRIENDLY:
- Use catchy and unique ‘title’ and ‘description’ tags for each page of your site. This will help optimise search results.
- Keep the URL simple and relevant to your website so users will easily remember it!
- Avoid using numbers in your URL.
- Use relevant keywords
- Post content regularly and keep it engaging.
- Implement social share buttons.
- Place a Search Box panel on your web page for navigation purposes.
- Wrap your title in <h1> Tag which is the ‘headline’ tag.
- Wrap subheadings in <h2> tags.
- Use a responsive web-design : Did you know Google started penalising unfriendly mobile sites in 2015?
- Use trustworthy outbound links.
- Use social sharing buttons to help drive engagement to your social platforms.
FOLLOW THE RULES AND SEO CAN GET YOU SEEN BEFORE YOUR COMPETITORS.