Hi everyone, guess what? WE'RE HIRING!!
Salamandra Digital & Design is growing, and growing fast! Therefore we are on the hunt again for fresh and talented people in all of the three sectors we specialise in: ANIMATION, BRANDING, and WEB-DEVELOPMENT.
So let us tell you a little about ourselves, and then you can tell us a little about you.
Salamandra Digital & Design is a visual content marketing agency, which specialises in animation, brand, and web design.
Since our early days in 2014, we have continuously managed to evolve and grow not only as a start-up business, but also as a team, where we pride ourselves in delivering excellence on all three aspects of the business.
WORKING WITH US:
- Opportunity to really make a difference in a company and make your mark working in various industries for large and small businesses
- Opportunity to work in a friendly environment where you will be able to grow and hugely improve your skills
- Work in an agile environment where you are never left alone and everyone is constantly available to help (priceless, believe me)
- Quality banter, bottomless tea, coffee and biscuits!!
- A relaxed environment with toys around the office to undoubtedly trigger your creative side
- Close proximity to both local train stations, pubs (very important for team drinks!), and Windsor’s town centre
- Based in Eton, you will have the Windsor castle less than a 5 minutes (lovely) walk away
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Salamandra is seeking an experienced 2D Creative Animator to join the team and help deliver more of our fantastic videos. Working from a brief, we will need you to provide creative input and produce best-in-class 2D asset creation and animation, at speed and volume. You will have excellent illustration and animation skills and an impressive online portfolio of work to back this up. 3D experience would be an advantage.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to join a diverse, fast-paced, creative and dynamic team. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
We expect a good level of knowledge on animation and motion design, allowing you to lead and take full ownership of an animation project from start to finish when required.
You should possess strong communication skills and must be able to take ownership of your own projects and initiatives. You will also work closely with other team members and make decisions on new technologies ways of animating.
It goes without saying that proactivity, creativity and commitment, are some of the key traits we would expect. While we work in an agile environment where everyone proactively helps each other, we also expect you to be able to be independent enough regarding each project and tasks you will be assigned. Bearing in mind that a company’s success is always down to its employees, and of course a start-up like ours is no different, we do expect you to be very dedicated, ensuring that not only do you work hard towards your personal improvement, but also towards the company’s success.
REQUIRED SKILLS (at degree or foundation degree):
- Taking briefs from the team or directly from clients
- Developing animation from briefs and concepts
- Understanding the 12 principles of animation
- Providing creative solutions to clearly illustrate complex learning or concepts
- Creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative
- Graphic asset creation in 2D, including characters, backgrounds, text based graphics, product illustrations and Infographic elements
- Expertise in using Adobe After Effects and Media Encoder to a high standard
- Experience with image creation and editing in Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop - Additional knowledge of typography, layout or graphic design would be a plus
- Developing the timing and pace of the movements of a character or object during the sequence of images and ensuring they follow the soundtrack and audio requirements
- Building up accurate, detailed frame-by-frame visuals
- Working with audio and SFX to composite the various layers of animation (backgrounds, special effects, characters and motion graphics) in order to produce the finished piece
- Editing, reviewing, rendering and uploading video files
- Working to production deadlines and meeting clients' commercial requirements
- Working as part of a broader production team, which might include collaborating with copywriters, photographers, designers, account executives or website designers
PREFERABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Proficiency on both Mac and PC
- Expertise in TV Paint, Adobe Animate or any equivalent hand drawn animation software
- 3D modelling and animation skills - experience with Blender
- Layout / Graphic Design - experience with Adobe Indesign
- Sound & Audio Design
Sound like you? - Email your CV and Portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Got something different to offer?
We’re always looking for talented people to keep our eye on, so whether your looking to get some work experience, and internship, or you are a freelancer with some skills to wow us, get in touch and show us what you can do.